The whole wheat pasta prepared in red pepper sauce/puree is a sheer pleasure you will love to savour for long.
- Cooked whole wheat pasta (~ 7-8 ounces)
- Chopped and drained roasted red peppers (you can use the 16-ounce roasted red pepper jar that is readily available on the market)
- Vegetable broth (1 cup)
- Olive oil/ Cooking oil (2 tablespoons)
- Finely chopped garlic cloves (3)
- Pepper and Paprika (~ ½ teaspoon each), dried oregano (1 teaspoon)
- Almond milk (~ ¾ cup)
- Red wine vinegar (½ cup)
- Finely chopped medium-sized onion (1), basil leaves (~ ½ cup)
- Salt as per taste.
1. In a pan/wok, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil (over medium flame)
2. To this, add the roasted red pepper, paprika, dried oregano, chopped garlic, chopped onion, salt and saute well for 3-4 minutes.
3. Transfer the sauteed mixture to a blender and blend to a smooth puree.
4. In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and transfer the blended pepper mixture to it. Stir until you get the desired thick consistency of the pepper puree.
5. Now add the almond milk and the vegetable broth and bring it to a simmer.
6. Once the contents have reduced slightly in volume, add the red wine vinegar and cook for a few minutes.
7. Add the cooked pasta, chopped basil leaves and toss well.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!