Video credits - c4cooking (Youtube)
Introducing solids into your baby's diet can be fun and exciting times, both for you and your baby. You get to experiment a lot and find out about your baby’s preferences. But often, because of a lot of restriction on what to feed young ones, we tend to just follow the usual purees and mashes just to be on the safer side. Fret not, these super tasty baby recipes will make your baby’s taste buds go ‘yum yum’ instead of ‘bleh’.
1. Chickpea and vegetable mash
Ingredients required - Chickpeas, Sweet potato, Cauliflower, turmeric powder, and garlic.
- Add chickpeas, water, garlic and turmeric powder into a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to boil on a high flame. Once it starts boiling, reduce the flame to medium-low and cook it for another 15 minutes.
- Then add the chopped sweet potatoes, cauliflower to the pan.
- After everything’s cooked, strain the excess water and mash the cooked mixture with the help of a flat spoon.
- Serve it to your baby when it’s still warm.
2. Fish and vegetable rice
Ingredients required - Carrot, potato, tomato, rice, fish fillet(any chopped white fish without bones), oil, turmeric powder, pepper powder, coriander powder, and salt.
- After pouring a little oil onto the pan, add tomato and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add the fish-fillet, spice powders and salt before cooking the mixture on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped carrot, potato and mix for a minute.
- Add rice and water and stir.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on a high flame.
- After around 20 minutes, the rice is ready. If you want, you can even mash it so that it’s not as chunky before feeding your little one.
3. Soupy bean and barley
Ingredients required - Barley, tomato, brinjal, pinto beans, garlic, salt and spice powders.
- Wash or rinse the barley before adding it to a saucepan or a pressure cooker.
- Add the beans, tomato, brinjal, spice powders, salt and water to mix them all.
- Cover it with a lid and cook it for a few minutes.
- Be sure to mash the mixture because whole beans are a choking hazard to babies.
4. Carrot and beans couscous
Ingredients required - Carrot, green beans, onion, tomato, oil, couscous (or rava), coriander leaves, salt and spice powders.
- Pour a little oil into a heated pan.
- Add chopped onions and saute them until they turn light brown.
- Add the carrot and beans and cook it on a medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Then add the tomato, spice powders, salt, coriander leaves and cook it for a few minutes.
- Pour water and bring the mixture to boil.
- Add the rava or semolina and cook for around 6 minutes.
- Try to fluff up the mixture to give it some texture for your baby to enjoy
5. Simple baby pasta
Ingredients - Soup pasta, blended tomato, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese (optional)
- Boil some water in a deep pan.
- Add the pasta, stir it and then let it boil for 6 minutes.
- In another pan, add tomato puree, salt, pepper, tomato sauce and cook it till it thickens.
- Strain the pasta which should now be soft and cooked. Add it to the sauce mixture.
- Add some cheese and mix well before taking it off the stove.
- Let it cool a little before serving it to your little one.
Don't forget to share this with your friends because after all, sharing is caring!
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!