From lip-smacking curries to scrumptious veggies and delicious kebabs India has a lot to offer from its food glossary. But pregnancy is a time when you need to eat mindfully without compromising your health. You need a bit of pre-preparation to prepare yourself for a healthy pregnancy. Besides providing nutrition to your body you also need to cater to the ever-changing demand for your taste buds. If you want to beat the pregnancy hunger pangs with something nutritious yet delicious then here is an Indian recipe that will keep you wanting more! The best part about it is that you can prepare it even when you’re in the hustle and its nutritional property will leave you awestruck.
Soybean and spinach pulao is a simple yet finger licking delicious dish loaded with lots of protein, vitamins, and fibre. This main course dish will keep you full and is quite pleasing as a one-dish meal. The core ingredients soybean and spinach will not only add more crunch to the pulao but will also make it super healthy.
- 3-4 finely chopped spinach leaves
- ½ cup soybean chunks
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tbsp oil
- salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp Curd
- water as required.
1. In a pressure cooker, heat oil and add the cumin seeds. Once they crackle add green chillies and onion and saute them until they turn golden brown.
2. Next, add ginger garlic paste and mix well for one minute. To this add tomatoes and cook them until they become mushy.
3. Now add soya chunks and saute for few minutes.
4. Once the oil separates add garam masala, coriander powder and water and pressure cook for two whistles until the soya chunks are properly cooked.
5. Finally add rice, spinach leaves, curd, salt and pour double the water than the rice.
6. Cover the mixture and keep it on low flame until the rice becomes soft and completely cooked. Once cooked serve it with your favourite chutney or raita.