Life could get really busy when you have a beautiful baby dominating your life. It could be worth it and messy at the same time. There are baby food spills, pee, poop and spit ups. With a list of overwhelming tasks during the newborn parenting phase, life seems very short to stress out too much. This includes worrying about a few blemishes and beating yourself up. If you love the look of the spotless bibs, snowy blankets or shiny white garments - here are a few stain-lifting tricks you need to be aware of!
1. The Long Soak: This technique does as good as any other stain removal technique. The stains could be of any kind - tomato ketchup stain, squash stain or potty stain. Dissolve a large scoop of soap powder or stain remover in a tub of hot water so that the stained clothes are fully submerged. The hot water is preferred over cold water as the powder dissolves effectively in hot water. Also, hot water has the stain-fighting ability. In the soapy hot water, add the stained garments and let it soak for a few hours or overnight. After soaking, drain the soapy water and extrude the water from the clothes. The few hours of soaking would remove most of the stains. Wash it in a usual manner.
2. Stain Removal Agents: The long soak could be a saviour in stain removal, but what kind of stain-removal agents are used also matters. So, make sure you use effective yet safe agents to keep you little one protected as well.
3. Oxygen Bleach Method: The oxygen bleach generally contains sodium percarbonate (baking soda) and sodium carbonate (washing soda). This helps in safely cleaning all the fabrics without affecting colours of the cloth. It can clean spit-up, food and poo. Most of the Oxygen Bleaches are also containing enzymes. Some of the examples of Oxygen Bleach are Oxiclean, Clorox Oxi Magic and Biz.
4. Enzyme-based Detergent Method: Enzymes are a type of protein. The enzyme-based detergent generally contains amylase, protease, lipase and cellulase. They work effectively on removing the stains caused by organic substances such as greasy food, milk, chocolates, eggs, sweat, vomit, urine, poo, mud, sweat and blood. Amylase or protease works on starches and proteins (food, milk and blood), breaking them. Lipase breaks down the lipids/fatty acids and works best for oily stains. Cellulase keeps cotton from changing the colour.
5. To Dramatically Remove the Tough Stains from Your Baby’s Clothes, Here is What You Should Do: Rinse the clothes with cool water and apply the all-purpose enzyme-based detergent on the stain. Let it sit for a few minutes. Wash the garments with an enzyme-based detergent and oxygen bleach.
6. Borax: Borax has a multi-purpose use in the house. It is a mineral compound used for several remedies but also as a successful stain remover. The most popular laundry booster is Mule Team Borax.
7. Cascade Dishwasher Detergent: The detergent which most of you haven’t heard of is the cascade dishwasher detergent. The powdered detergent could have a bleaching effect. So, use this detergent only for light-coloured or white garments.
8. Alcohol and Vinegar Method: The diluted alcohol is safe most of the times for most of the fabrics. Here is a method to follow removing tough stains. Rinse the stained clothes in warm water. In a mug containing diluted alcohol (one part of water and one part of rubbing alcohol), soak the same clothes for 15 minutes. If the stain is removed, wash it as usual. If the stain remains, soak the clothes in diluted vinegar (one part of water and one part of vinegar) for a few minutes and wash. This method is very effective in removing most of the tough stains.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!