There are certain days when plain old lunch doesn't do it for you and you start to crave something just a couple of hours later. On days like this, oatmeal will come really in handy. Check out this recipe to make savoury oatmeal.
- ¾ cup of water
- ¼ cup of dry quick-cooking steel cut oats
- 2 tbsp of shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of diced red pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped onions
- Salt & Pepper
1. Bring the water to boil and then add oatmeal. Reduce the heat a little and let it cook until all liquid is absorbed, for about 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the cheese, and a small pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat with ½ tsp of coconut oil. Add the vegetables and cook until they soften, for 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon the vegetables over the cooked oats and reduce the heat to medium.
3. Fry the egg using the remaining ½ tsp of oil. Cook until the whites remain translucent no longer. Serve over oatmeal.
4. If desired, top with green onion, chopped walnuts, etc.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!