A balanced diet is the call of our present time-pressed lifestyle. For our overall health and well being; it is important that we take a diet that is enriched with minerals and vitamins. Every vitamin has its own property, uses and unique benefit. Of all the known vitamins, vitamin E uses and benefits are no less. It is one of the essential vitamins that enhance neurological, eye and cardiovascular health. Be it through vitamin E rich foods or vitamin E capsules, because of its beneficial properties, it is used widely for skin and hair care. The current article attempts to highlight top 15 ways to use vitamin E for skin and hair care.
Table of Content:
What Is Vitamin E And Why Do We Need Them?
Vitamin E is a very powerful antioxidant and a fat-soluble vitamin. It prevents the body from damaging actions of free radicals.
We need Vitamin E to keep our immune system stronger. Vitamin E is needed in the formation of RBCs (Red blood cells). In addition, vitamin E helps the body use vitamin K. It prevents the blood from clotting inside the blood vessels. Apart from the above-mentioned facts, vitamin E performs various other important functions of the body including skin and hair care.
Vitamin E Benefits For Skin
Vitamin E has found its use in dermatology for over 50 years. You should not feel surprised if you find that most of the beauty products that you use or see around yourself have vitamin E in them. Vitamin E finds its widespread usage in both natural and store-bought cosmetics.
‣ It prevents wrinkles and premature ageing and hence acts as an anti-ageing nutrient.
‣ It is very good for relaxing the muscle and curing muscle spasm.
‣ It works as a moisturizer for dry and damaged skin
‣ Also, It prevents skin irritation
Vitamin E For Hair- Is Vitamin E Good For Hair?
Yes, vitamin E is good for hair because:
‣ It aids in hair conditioning
‣ It helps with blood circulation in the scalp ensuring optimal growth of the hair
‣ Most importantly, It reduces hair loss
‣ Further, it helps in better management of hair by reducing frizziness and dullness
‣ It adds lustre and shine to the hair.
‣ Last but not the least, it prevents premature greying of the hair
What Is Vitamin E Oil?
A fat-soluble compound found in some plant oil like wheat germ oil. It is also present in green leafy vegetables. Vitamin E oil has found wide commercial application because of its anti-ageing, antioxidant, skin healing and anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamin E oil is also available in the market as vitamin E capsules.
Vitamin E Rich Foods
Since vitamin E is vital for our overall well being, it gets important that we include vitamin e foods in our diet. Mentioned below is vitamin e food list:
The above vitamin E rich food list is as per suggestion from NCBI
Top 15 Ways To Use Vitamin E For Skin And Hair Care
Apart from diet, vitamin E is also taken in the form of supplements. Supplements are prescribed by medical practitioners in certain health conditions where the body finds it difficult to take it from the regular diet. Uses of vitamin E capsules and Vitamin E oil extract are many. There are various ways to use vitamin E for skin and hair. Such top 15 ways to use vitamin E for skin and hair care are discussed below:
1.Sunburn Recovery: Vitamin E can be used in the form Vitamin E oil, Vitamin E ointment or Vitamin E cream in order to recover from sunburn.
2. Skin Soother: In the form of Vitamin E oil it helps in soothing cracked and rough skin.
3. Dark Circle Remover: Mix vitamin E oil with the regular cream and use the same to massage the areas around the eyes. This helps in getting rid of dark circles.
4. Skin Moisturizer: A regular application of Vitamin E oil (few drops) when mixed with night moisturizing cream can help in restoring the moisture of the dry skin.
[ Also Read: 12 Home Remedies For Dry Skin You Need To Try]
5. Face Cleanser: Vitamin E oil works as a cleansing agent. Pour a few drops of vitamin E on a cotton ball and use to wipe and clean the face.
6. Stretch Mark Remover: Vitamin E oil helps in reducing stretch marks, a gentle application of the oil in the stretch mark area helps in reducing the appearance of these marks.
7. Antioxidant Power Enhance: One can add vitamin E oil to the moisturiser that is used daily. This would help in increasing the antioxidant power of the moisturizer. This is one of the important use of vitamin E for skin.
8. Hyperpigmentation Remover: Vitamin E can treat hyperpigmentation of the skin (a condition characterized by dark patches and uneven skin colour of any part of the body). Cut and pour the content of one or two vitamin E capsule and mix it with a carrier oil like castor oil. Apply the mixture for a month on the affected area. Leave it overnight and wash it in the morning.
9. Hair Growth Enhancer: Vitamin E oil when applied topically on the scalp helps in circulation of blood in the area resulting in hair growth
10. Hair Growth Booster: In addition to a well-balanced diet and regular use of vitamin E oil, a shampoo rich in vitamin E can boost hair growth.
11. Hair Damage Controller: For treating a damaged hair mix content of two vitamin E capsules in 2 tablespoons warm olive oil. Use the mixture to massage the scalp, leave it for half an hour and then wash the hair.
12. Split End Remover: Mixing Vitamin E oil in coconut oil, hemp oil, coconut oil and jojoba oil helps in getting rid of split ends of hair.
13. Deep Conditioner: Oiling the hair regularly with vitamin E oil helps in the deep conditioning of the hair. It makes the hair lustrous and shiner.
14. As Hair Mask: A unique use of vitamin E for hair comes in the form of a hair mask. Vitamin E oil is used as a hair mask preventing hair from any trouble. For hair mask mix ¼ tablespoon of vitamin E oil in half avocado and 1 tablespoon oil. Apply the paste as a mask on hair.
15. As Hair Rejuvenator: For rejuvenating and preventing hair damage and breakage; collect oil from vitamin E capsule in a container. Mix it with a carrier oil like coconut or olive oil. apply the same to hair after a wash. After half an hour rinse it off.
Vitamin E is very rich in antioxidants and helps the body fight damaging actions of free radicals. It is available in a number of natural sources such as wheat germ oil and green leafy vegetables. It is used for various purposes of which vitamin E for skin and hair care is well known.