Of the numerous changes your body goes through during pregnancy, a few of them translate onto your skin too. Pigmentation, skin darkening, dry skin, itchiness and so on are very common among pregnant women. Everyone talks about pregnancy glow but these skin changes are not talked about as much as they should be. But trust us when we say that almost every pregnant woman has had one of the above-mentioned skin disorders. The best part is that they can be easily treated. Here’s how you can remedy darkened skin during pregnancy:
1. Keep your skin covered. Exposure to harsh sunlight could tan and darken your skin further. If you are stepping out into the sunlight, make sure you’re using a sunscreen with a good SPF that has both UVA and UVB protection.
2. Keep away from beauty products that are full of chemicals. These can react with your skin and cause damage to the skin tissues. Switch to all natural skin care and makeup products that are much safer and work wonders during pregnancy.
3. Bleaching might seem like a good idea to lighten skin but it is not. Pregnant women are advised to stay away from such harsh skin treatments as the hidden toxins present in them can penetrate your skin and prove to be harmful.
4. Aloe vera works like magic to lighten the skin tone. Instead of using store-bought aloe vera gel, scrap fresh aloe vera out of the leaf and apply it all over the affected area. Since it is completely natural, you can apply it even in the junction of your thighs, your underarms and any other part of your body. After 15 to 20 min, wash it off or you can let it be if it already absorbed by the skin.
5. Papaya is also very good for the skin. Especially if it has something to do with preventing darkening and making sure your skin is toned. Look out for products containing papaya extracts or you can make your own face pack using papaya, honey, yogurt and lime juice.
Taking care of your skin is important during pregnancy and it is equally important post-pregnancy too. These tips will come in handy even after you’ve given birth. Make a skin-care routine that suits your needs and stick to it throughout.