Baby development: Three Important Toys Which Will Help Children With Intellectual Development!
Babies and toddlers spend much of their day playing, but that time they spend is valuable because it is also the way they learn best. There are four key factors which need to be addressed in terms of intellectual abilities that develop in the first year
1. Memory : Crying babies may calm down after a someone such as a caregiver or mom approaches them as they are aware that they are being comforted.
2. Association : A baby links being fed to feeling better.
3. Cause and Effect : A baby learns letting go of an object that causes it to fal
4. Attention Span : A baby enjoys playing with a new object longer than one that’s familiar.
As children grow older they explore using various kinds of toys ,which over a period of time help them in stimulating their TINY intellectual minds:
Top 3 toys that help children in igniting their cognitive/intellectual abilities :
1. STACKING BLOCK OR BLOCK PLAY : Block play stimulates learning in all domains of development, intellectual, physical, and social-emotional and language. When toddlers are first introduced to blocks they may learn how to hold on to them, how they feel, how heavy they are, they explore the bright colors, and begin to carry them around. Socially, block play contributes to their developing their self confidence too.
2. PUZZLE CREATION : A child’s brain development is influenced significantly when a child acts on or manipulates the world around him or her. Puzzle making enhances this quality .It has great benefits with regards to Hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, problem-solving ,memory and shape recognition.
3. ACTIVITY CARDS OR FLASH CARDS : The activity cards help promote cognitive skills, motor skills, language skills, self-esteem and sensory awareness using simple, everyday items found in the home. It also helps children to rekindle their mental abilities.
As hand coordination increases, so does the child’s interest in simple construction sets and more difficult puzzles. They can manage more difficult creative projects, and enjoy cutting and simple sewing projects too .Play dough sets can also be introduced to children to increase hand movement stimulation . Also safety concerns must be adhered to at all stages of child’s play.