When in a relationship, couples use different means to showcase their love, respect, and admiration for each other. While some spent hours chatting over the phone, some may enjoy walking hand in hand. There are also couples who don't shy away from cuddling, hugging, and similar physical intimacy. Have you ever wondered why a single cuddle or a hug fills you with so much happiness and excitement? While cuddling is indeed a sweet gesture, it also comes with many amazing benefits. For those already in a relationship, here are some reasons why cuddling is indeed healthy for a relationship, strengthening it even further.
You don't always need words to express your love for your partner. When you cuddle, it speaks volume about your relationship and the commitment. It makes the partner feel more wanted and loved.The communication is better and the compatibility a lot stronger. If the personal or professional life has left you stressed out, a cuddle is what you need. This is because when you cuddle there is a release of Oxytocin (also known as the Love Hormone) by the pituitary gland.
The release of this hormone goes a long way to keep stress, anxiety, and depression (physical, mental, as well as emotional) at bay. It also helps people to cope with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (stress and fear that results from a traumatic incident such as the death of a closed one, sexual abuse or harassment, to name a few) better. It is thus no surprise why most people feel so good and relaxed after a cuddle.
In addition to being extremely cute and romantic, cuddling also serves as a foreplay, a built-up setting the environment for a wonderful time ahead. Further, as already stated, the oxytocin released by cuddling contributes significantly giving your libido a much-needed boost taking the fun and the excitement to another level altogether. The benefits of cuddling and subsequent release of oxytocin does not end here.
1. The healthy level of oxytocin is also known to regulate the blood pressure keeping it within the normal range thereby lowering the incidences of some life-threatening heart problems (myocardial infarction, stroke, to name a few) significantly.
2. Research suggests that oxytocin is also known to aid in digestion providing significant relief from gastrointestinal inflammation. All the more reason to cuddle more often.
3. Believe it or not but cuddling can play an instrumental role in strengthening the immune system (all thanks to the oxytocin) enabling the body to fight various infections and diseased conditions better.
4. Unable to sleep well, just cuddle up with your partner and all you will enjoy is a sound sleep (Oxytocin to your rescue again).
5. Struggling with a neck, shoulder or body pain. Go for a cuddle. Laden with analgesic properties, oxytocin is a great pain reliever. However, it would be foolish to expect cuddling to work miracles to lower the pain immediately.
6. With the release of oxytocin, cuddling during pregnancy plays a pivotal role in triggering a uterine contraction, especially during labor (also elevates the production of prostaglandins that aids in uterine contraction).
With so many positive and healthy benefits, make sure to hug or cuddle the next time you and your partner are together.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.