If you like a little bit of health and a little bit of sin, these are the waffles for you! Average preparation + cooking time is about 30 minutes.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups milk (you can also use coconut milk)
- 2 eggs (separated white and yolk)
- ½ - ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
Steps to Prepare:
1. Preheat the waffle iron.
2. On low heat, mix the butter, oil, and milk.
3. Switch off heat and sprinkle yeast on the warm milk mixture.
4. Whisk in egg yolk and vanilla extract.
5. In another large bowl, mix the flour and salt.
6. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture.
7. In a mixer, whip the egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form.
8. Add egg whites to batter to lighten it.
9. Stir in the chocolate chips and allow the batter to sit for 10-15 minutes.
10. Pour the batter into the waffle iron and cook until crispy and golden brown.
11. Serve these waffles with whipped cream, sliced fruits, or berries for a yummy meal!
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.