We are sharing the recipe for a delicious dish which is fun and easy to cook and can be enjoyed with friends and family on a trip.
- Potatoes: 5 pounds (about 6), cubed
- Olive Oil: ¼ cup
- Butter or Margarine: 2 tbsp.
- Onions: 1, chopped
- Bell peppers: 2, chopped
- Jalapeno: 1, sliced
- Garlic powder: 2 tsp.
- Seasoned salt: 2 tsp.
- Smoked paprika: 2 tsp.
- Pepper: To taste
1. Coat the bottom of the pan, with a 2 tbsp. of olive oil, in a thin layer, and put the pan on the stove. Add butter or margarine to the olive oil.
2. Add the onion to the pan and cook until it just gets tender, for about 2 minutes. Then, add potatoes and peppers with another 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Stir the ingredients to coat. Keep stirring occasionally for another 10 minutes, until potatoes start to become brown.
3. Add a few tbsp. of water and cover the pan with the lid to steam for about 5 minutes.
4. Add seasonings, and keep on stirring occasionally until the potatoes become fully brown, crisp, and tender in the middle. The dish is ready to be served. Serve it along with your other favourite breakfast items.