These savoury muffins make a tasty and healthy protein-packed snack for your kid.
- Cooking spray for the pan
- 1 medium zucchini
- ½ tsp. of kosher salt
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- ½ tsp. of baking soda
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 4 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package of frozen spinach leaves (about 10 ounces), thawed, squeezed dry, and roughly chopped
- 5 ounces of coarsely grated extra-sharp Cheddar
- 3 finely chopped scallions
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a 12-muffin pan lightly with the cooking spray.
2. Grate the zucchini coarsely and sprinkle ¼ tsp. of salt on it. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Squeeze out all the excess liquid with a clean towel.
3. Whisk the baking soda, baking powder, and the flour together in a large bowl, and add the remaining ¼ tsp. of salt to it.
4. In another bowl of medium size, whisk together the oil, buttermilk, and the eggs. Mix it with the dry ingredients along with spinach, zucchini, and scallions. Do not overmix; having a few lumps of flour is OK.
5. Pour the batter equally into the prepared muffin cups. Bake it for 23 to 27 minutes until they become lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted at the centre comes out clean.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.