Once you are married, you are expected to impress each and every person in your husband’s family. And the one who comes on the top of the hierarchy is your parent-in-laws. The best way to astonish them is by unveiling your culinary skills. After all, food never fails to get you some fans. Shahi Biriyani is an aromatic, spice-infused dish which could tempt anyone’s senses. Though the name “Shahi” would make anyone think that it might be a difficult-to-prepare recipe, it is not the case. So, wear your apron and get ready to cook this easy and delicious recipe.
Cooked rice (2 cups), saffron, potatoes (½ cup), boiled vegetables (1.5 cups), Fried onions (0.5 cup), Fried cashew nuts, soaked raisins, 1 chopped tomato, Mint, Coriander, yogurt(1 cup), fresh cream (2tbsp), grated cheese (2tbsp), turmeric powder, red chili powder (1tbsp), Jeera powder (2tbsp), biriyani masala (1.5tbsp), chopped Ginger garlic (2tbsp), Salt, oil
In a big bowl, Mix the vegetables, yoghurt, fresh cream, cheese, mint, some chopped coriander, turmeric, chilli powder, jeera powder, salt, tomatoes and biriyani masala.
- Add the potatoes and one tbsp of fried onions.
- Put a pan on medium heat. Add ginger and garlic with oil and saute.
- Put the vegetables into the pan and let it cook for 5-10 minutes till all the flavour is blended.
- Add some fried onions to a bowlful of rice. Sprinkle some salt.
- Once the vegetables are cooked and the flavour is blended, even spread them over low heat. Layer the rice on top. Add raisins and the fried onions.
- Place a foil on the pan so that the steam is preserved.
- Let it cook for 10-15 minutes on a very low flame.
- Once it is ready, take off the foil and you can savour the delicious shahi biriyani.
- Garnish with fried cashew and chopped coriander and serve.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!