Your kitchen might seem relatively small but there’s a lot of underappreciated space that you can use to your advantage. It all depends on how you store different food products in your kitchen to minimize space and maximize longevity. Here’s how you can do it:
The dos -
1. Keep everyday items that you use often at eye-level. This can include spices, salt, flours and so on.
2. Flour should be stored in airtight containers and can be placed in kitchen shelf or cupboard. During hot and humid weather, it is better to store flour in a refrigerator. In fact, whole wheat flour should be kept in the refrigerator all year long.
3. Bread is another thing that most people are unsure of how to store. It should always be kept in a closed container and in a dry place, away from sunlight. But during summers, it is recommended to store bread in the refrigerator to prevent the growth of mould.
4. To prevent an ant trail from your sugar, make sure it is stored in a container with a tight lid or in a sealed plastic bag.
5. Most of the vegetables have to refrigerated immediately with the exception of a few such as onions, garlic and potatoes. These have to be stored in a cool, dry place in your kitchen.
The don’ts -
1. Never store food items below the sink or in the same compartment as chemicals like floor cleaners and wipes.
2. Don’t store food items in your oven or around your oven because they can get spoiled when exposed to heat, especially dry foods.
A few other kitchen organizational tips are:
- Stack the lids of containers in a different compartment. This might sound like a lot of work but hear us out - You probably have lids floating around everywhere in your kitchen right now, if you have them neatly stacked them in a box or a drawer, you’ll know exactly where to look for.
- You can add hooks to the inside of your cabinet doors to hold the utensils. They are easily accessible and save you a lot of space.
- Shelf risers can help you double up your cabinet in a matter of seconds. You can now utilize all of that unused space.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.