The health benefits of vegetables and brown rice require no special mention. Extremely healthy, the recipe is simple and easy to make and is sure to satisfy the taste buds of your toddler.
- Fresh vegetables (broccoli florets, sweet potato, cauliflower, winter squash, carrots) cut into 1/2 slices
- Olive oil (~1-2 tablespoon)
- Dried herbs (thyme, basil, rosemary or any other herbs of your choice)
- Fish or lean that has been minced well (the inclusion of fish or meat is purely optional based on individual preferences)
- Salt to taste
- Brown rice (well cooked)
- Place the vegetables, fish, and meat in a bowl then add a tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of the dried herbs, salt, and crushed black pepper and mix well.
- Transfer the ingredients to a baking tray and roast in a preheated oven (425 degrees) for close to 20 minutes.
- Place the soft and tender roasted vegetables in a bowl and serve it with brown rice.
- You can also serve the roasted vegetables with a cheesy avocado/pear paste (blend avocado/pear, milk, and cheese to a fine paste, add a pinch of crushed black pepper to it).