During cold winter months, all we want to do is kick back and relax with a cup of soup. Soup is like a food that instantly warms up your heart and lights up your mood and for sure nobody can turn down a hot bowl of soup. This makes soups the best way to get your kids to eat their vegetables. Why not prepare this healthy drumstick soup for your family?
You could even call all of your lady friends home to gossip over some nice and yummy drumstick soup. Not only are the drumsticks themselves super fun and tasty to eat, they also serve as a source of Vitamin C and Calcium. You could even add drumstick leaves to this soup as it acts as an excellent source of iron and fibre.
Here’s a drumstick soup recipe you can try out:
a) Drumsticks (4-5)
b) Chopped green chillies (2)
e) 3 tsp oil
f) Salt and pepper to taste
Steps of Preparation:
1. Cut the drumsticks and boil them. You can remove the pulp out of a few pieces and keep them aside.
2. Stir fry some chopped onion in a pan till they turn transparent.
3. Add chopped green chillies.
4. Cook till it becomes dry.
5. Grind this mixture into a smooth paste.
6. Heat up a vessel containing the water and the remaining boiled drumsticks. Mix the paste into this.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Garnish with some finely chopped coriander and serve.
This is a dish that your family will surely love. You can add coconut milk to the soup if you like. This will make it thicker and add more flavour to it.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!