The Indian Gooseberry, fondly called Amla, is a rich source of Vitamin C. Eating it on a regular basis will help boost immunity levels. It is also beneficial for our skin, hair and digestive health. But getting the kids to eat the sour nutrition-rich fruit truly is a Herculean task. This is why we resort to feeding them with alternatives like amla candy, amla pickle and amla laddoos.
Here is a delicious recipe for amla laddoos that your child will surely relish.
1. 6-7 medium sized amlas (250 gms)
2. 1 cup of sugar (250 gms)
3. Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
4. Nutmeg powder - ½ tsp
5. 15 almonds (20 gms)
6. 15 cashews (20 gms)
Steps of Preparation:
1. Heat up the amlas in a microwave for 3 minutes. Allow it to cool.
2. Grate the amlas into a bowl.
3. On a preheated pan, toss in the grated amlas and the sugar.
4. Keep stirring till it gets a thick consistency.
5. Add 2 tsp ghee to this and cook for a few more minutes.
6. When the mixture gets a sticky consistency, take it off the flame.
7. Chop up the almond and cashews.
8. Once the mixture cools down a bit, mix in the almond, cashews, nutmeg powder and cardamom powder.
9. Mix it well. This is the batter for the laddoos.
10. Grease your palms with a little ghee and roll up the batter into laddoos.
You can garnish with almond shavings. Cooling them in the fridge can further improve its taste. Try this recipe out with your family and let us know if they like it. Also, tell us about any variations of this recipe you may have tried.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!