Ragi porridge recipe
Ragi is not only beneficial for babies but also can provide innumerable health benefits to adults. Ragi, otherwise called as finger millet is one of the best and vital cereals that lodge the maximum zone under agriculture among the minor millets. As a whole grain, ragi has a huge protein and mineral content when compared to many other cereals. Feeding babies with ragi porridge on a regular basis can help to improve their overall immunity and growth.
- 1 tbsp flour for 6 month babies
- 1.5 tbsp flour for 8 month plus
- 2 tbsp flour for 10 month plus
- 3 to 4 tbsp flour for 1 year plus
- formula milk or breast milk
- jaggery or palm sugar
1. If you are using jaggery, melt it in water and filter it.
2. Mix ragi flour with sufficient water without any lumps. Sieve it for 6 month babies.
3. Cook this on low flame, stirring continuously.
4. Let it cool to the desired temperature. Add milk to adjust the consistency.
5. Serve immediately to baby.