- 1 cup plain yoghurt (preferably with full fat)
- 1 cup half-and-half or fresh cream
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons blueberry preserves (such as all-fruit blueberry spread)
- ½ a teaspoon of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt for taste.
Blend all the above-mentioned ingredients until they become completely smooth (you can also add some dry fruits if you prefer). Make sure that this becomes a puree and there are no lumps in it. Transfer this mixture to an ice cream maker and blend/churn until frozen. You can either serve soft or freeze further (according to your liking). Add dry fruits from the top if you want. This ice cream can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week. In place of blueberries, you can use strawberries, cherries, dry fruits, etc. You can also combine different flavours according to your preferences. This will not only satisfy your craving but also ensure that you are eating something healthy. One added advantage is that you are making it at home and can hence modify the recipe to suit your requirements. The above-mentioned portions (of ingredients) make about 3 cups of ice cream and the entire recipe takes less than 10 minutes.