- 1 teaspoon of olive and grape-seed oil
- 1 cup of finely diced Portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound of boneless chicken
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed baby greens
- whole wheat hamburger buns and thinly sliced tomatoes and onions (medium sized).
Add olive oil to a pan and then add finely diced onion, mushrooms and vinegar. Sauté till the vinegar is absorbed and the onion and mushrooms turn golden brown. Cool the mixture in another bowl. Add breadcrumbs to this mixture once it is cooled. Now, add garlic, paprika, and chicken. The breadcrumbs will serve as a binding for your patty. Use your hands to gently incorporate the mushroom-onion mixture into the chicken. Make patties and cook them in a pan for 5 minutes from both sides, make that the chicken is not undercooked. Put this patty between the whole wheat hamburger buns and add shredded cheddar cheese on top. Keep the burger in the pan till the cheese has melted and then serve with baby greens, tomato and onion slices. If you are a die hard vegetarian, you can replace the chicken with potatoes or paneer cubes.