Perfect Food Recipes For An 8 Month Old Baby!
One should be careful while selecting food for an 8-month-old baby. The food should be nutritious and at the same time, easy on the stomach. The following foods are ideal for an 8-month-old baby.
1. A pear mixed apple delight:
This is a perfect, nutritious and mouth-watering food for an 8-month-old baby. The recipe is simple and requires negligible effort.
· As the name suggests, the main ingredients include apple and pear (thoroughly washed, peeled and cored).
· Cut the apple and pear into thin slices.
· Transfer the fruits into a saucepan or a bowl.
· Add a little amount of water and warm till the fruits become soft and tender.
· Make a fine paste of the fruits using a masher or a spoon head.
The nutritious delight is ready to be served.
Benefits: Apple and pear are a rich source of Calcium, Vitamin A, and Folate.
2. The sweet potato butternut bonanza:
This baby food is an effortless bonanza you cannot miss.
· The ingredients include a cup each of apple paste or sauce and butternut squash (both baked).
· Transfer the ingredients into a vessel.
· Heat the vegetables on a low steam.
· The ingredients are then mixed by slowly stirring the mixture.
· It is best to cool the food before feeding it to your baby.
Benefits: Butternuts are a rich source of Potassium, Calcium, Vitamin A, C, and Folate. A healthy choice for a healthy baby!
3. The Broccoli Magic:
This magical dish is nutrition served on a platter.
· The only ingredient required is a thoroughly washed broccoli (medium size).
· Chop off the end portion of the broccoli (around an inch).
· The stalks are gently peeled (identical to peeling of carrots).
· The broccoli is then carefully cut keeping the florets intact.
· Next, the florets are heated till they become soft (approximately 10 minutes). Make sure you do not throw away the liquid.
· Finally, blend the tender florets into a fine puree.
Benefits: Broccoli is an excellent source of Vitamins (A, B1, B6, E), Omega-3 fatty acids, dietary fiber, and minerals (zinc, iron, calcium, and magnesium to name a few).
4. The fishy herbs:
This is a healthy and tasty dish if you want to introduce fish into your baby's diet (advisable to consult a pediatrician)
· You need white fish, parsley (2-3 twigs), a small piece of celeriac, leek (2.5 cm), butter or oil and water.
· Mince the fish, celeriac, and leek into fine pieces.
· Slice the parsley into large pieces.
· Put all the ingredients into a saucepan.
· Add water and heat the ingredients for 9-10 minutes.
· Drain away the water (not all).
· Add a teaspoon of oil or butter to the mixture and mash it into a puree.
Benefits: White fish is laden with proteins, iodine, Vitamin B, and selenium.
5. Sweet potato the peachy way:
This is an ideal food for an 8-month-old baby.
The ingredients include pitted and cubed peaches (2 in nos. ripe), sweet potato (peeled and minced), cinnamon, and water.
· Transfer sweet potato and the peaches into a baking tray.
· To this mixture, add a little amount of water.
· Add a tinge of cinnamon or ginger to it.
· Stir gently. Cover it well with an aluminum foil.
· Bake the mixture in an oven (preheat to 375° F) for 18-20 minutes.
· Transfer the soft and tender mixture into a bowl and allow it to cool.
· Finally, mash or blend into a puree.
Benefits: Apple and pear are rich in vitamins, minerals, and dietary fibers.
6. A porridge worth a try:
Easy to prepare, this is an excellent food dish for an 8- month-old baby.
· Organic oatmeal or brown rice (ideally, 1/3 cup), dried lentils (1/8 cup), formula milk and water (2-3 cups).
· Blend the dried lentils and brown rice into a fine powder.
· In a vessel, boil 2 cups of water.
· Add the fine powder into this boiling water and stir.
· Cook the mixture on a low steam for 9-10 minutes (continuous stirring).
· You can add formula milk to adjust the consistency.
Benefits: Lentils and brown rice are rich in dietary fibers. Lentils are also a rich source of proteins.
7. An irresistible summer squash:
Your baby will love to binge upon this healthy dish.
· You will need a summer squash or zucchini (thoroughly cleaned and peeled) and water.
· The squash is minced well (exclude the ends of the squash).
· Heat the finely chopped squash for 6-7 minutes.
· Blend the soft squash pieces into a fine puree (add the stock solution if required).
Benefits: Summer squash is laden with vitamins (A, B6, C), minerals (manganese, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorous), and fiber.