I was so much at peace till 6 months when there was nothing else than breastmilk to keep my baby thriving and happy. But after that, the whole world seemed one large confusing stage. Different people told me different things, and I was absolutely going bonkers. Basically, after bananas, apples and rice-daal khichdi, paneer can be introduced to babies safely during their 7th month. However, bear in mind that some babies may still react to milk and milk products that are not breastmilk or formula. To avoid the chances of any unpleasant happenings after giving paneer to your child, make sure you make your own paneer at home.
How To Give Paneer To A Baby?
I started with home-made, soft mashed cottage cheese with no salt or sugar. My baby started loving it so much that I started making paneer twice every week. You can also just serve home-made paneer to the baby. It is softer, lighter and you are sure that it is free from additives.
Paneer Kheer Recipe For Toddlers
- 2 cups milk
- 200 gms paneer( cottage cheese)
- 2 tsp Dry fruits powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2-3 deseeded date
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
1. Boil the milk in a vessel you regularly use for boiling.
2. Once the milk is boiled, lower the flame and add the finely chopped dates in the milk and let it simmer for 10 -15 minutes.
3. Turn off the gas knob.
4. Now grate the paneer. Remember the paneer needs to be grated and not crumbled or crushed.
5. To the boiled milk add grated paneer. Turn on the gas knob again and cook the milk again for 5 – 10 minutes.
6. As the milk starts thickening, add the dry fruit powder, sugar and mix it well.
7. You can either serve it chilled or warm.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!