Oats and other whole grains supply your body with complex carbohydrates that it processes into valuable energy. In addition, oats contain considerable dietary fibre that helps regulate your digestive system, which pregnancy often disrupts. Oats are a valuable source of potassium and iron in a pregnancy diet. Recipes prepared with steel-cut oats, whole oats, oat flour and rolled oats provide the best nutritional value.
Oats and Poha Sukha Bhel
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup beaten rice (poha) flakes
- 1/2 cup puffed rice (kurmura)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
To Be Blended Into A Sukha Chutney (without Using Water):
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 3 garlic (lehsun) cloves
- 1 tbsp roasted chana dal (Daria)
- 1/2 tbsp roughly chopped green chillies
- a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- a pinch of asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
Timing -15min; No. Of serving -2
1. Combine the oats, beaten rice and puffed rice in a deep non-stick pan, dry roast on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till they turn crisp
2, Allow the mixture to cool completely and transfer it to a deep bowl.
3. Add the sukha chutney and all the remaining ingredients and mix well Serve immediately.