Throw a pizza party for your kids with these whole-grain muffins.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded. A little extra for sprinkling on the top.
- 1 tsp. of dry and crushed oregano
- ¼ tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups of whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 tbsp. of wheat germ
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- ½ cup of red bell pepper, finely diced
- Sliced grape tomatoes
- Sesame seeds
1. Butter or Oil 12 muffin cups of regular size. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Whisk the egg, yogurt, and tomato sauce together in a medium bowl. Add the spices and cheese, and stir.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and wheat germ together in a separate bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix until there are no dry patches left. Fold in the red peppers.
4. Transfer the batter into the muffin cups and top each cup with few slices of tomato and sprinkle some cheese and sesame seeds.
5. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick comes out clean.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!