Summer is arriving and with it comes the season for refreshing mocktails to keep you cool and get you through the heat. You need something sans alcohol when you are not a drinker or taking a break from the booze, and this mocktails is here to keep you company.
- ¾ cup of water
- 2 ½ cups of fresh cucumber juice
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp of lightly crushed fennel seeds
- 10 divided Meyer lemon rind strips
- 5 tbsp of Meyer lemon juice
- 1 2/3 cups of club soda
1. Use a juicer to extract cucumber juice. Alternatively, peel fresh cucumbers and puree them in a blender. Transfer the puree to a fine mesh sieve kept over a large cup. Use the back of a spoon to gently press the puree and extract the liquid.
2. Take ¾ cup of water and add fennel seeds, sugar, and 5 lemon rind strips in a saucepan. Place the saucepan over medium-high heat. Heat until the sugar dissolves, for about 4 minutes, stirring with a whisk. Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand for about 15 minutes. Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve and discard the solid residue.
3. To prepare each cup of the mocktail, add 3 tbsp of syrup, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and ½ cup cucumber juice in a cocktail shaker and shake for about 30 seconds. Pour the mixture into an ice-filled glass. Top it with 1/3 cup of club soda and stir. Garnish the mocktail with a lemon rind strip.
Serves 5. Serving size of 1 cup.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!