After being secure in your womb for nine months, babies are exposed to the harsh world outside after birth. To adapt to the environment and grow healthy, your baby needs extra care and nutrients. A gentle massage can do wonders to your baby - it not only helps your baby develop strong bones and muscles but also helps him have sound sleep and stay cheerful and relaxed throughout the day.
Giving an oil massage to your baby is very important. But what is more important is choosing the right oil. Here are some of the massage oils you can use for baby massage.
1. Coconut Oil:
• Coconut oil is one of the best choices in hot summer and humid climates.
• Lighter in texture, it easily absorbs into the skin and offers a cooling effect on the body.
• It is an effective treatment for sensitive skin and many other problems like eczema, rashes and patchy skin.
• Applying a small amount of coconut oil after a bath will moisturize your baby’s skin and keeps it supple.
The best coconut oil you can try for your baby is Nature’s Paradise Organic Coconut Baby Oil.
2. Sesame Oil:
• Sesame or til as popularly known in India is one of the healthy ingredients in a baby’s massage oil.
• Choose an oil extracted from black sesame seeds. This oil is also a popular Ayurvedic massage oil for baby.
3. Mustard Oil:
• Mustard oil is the best baby massage oil during winters as it has a warming effect on the skin.
• In northern and eastern India, Mustard oil is heated with garlic cloves and fenugreek seeds. Garlic is known for boosting the immune system, and fenugreek relaxes the baby’s body.
• Another effective massage remedy is mixing mustard oil with carom seeds. This combination helps to soothe colicky babies.
4. Olive Oil:
• Olive oil is also immensely popular as a massage oil for babies.
• There are many brands of massage oils that use olive oil as their main ingredient.
• It is safe to use olive oil for baby skin if there are no signs of rashes, cuts, eczema or other allergies.
5. Almond Oil:
• Almond oil is a common ingredient in various massage oils.
• It is loaded with Vitamin E.
The best massage oil that you can choose for your baby during winters is La Flora Baby Bath and Body Massage Oil. It is a combination of almond oil, olive oil and calendula oil. It can also be used as a bath oil.
These are some of the best massage oils you can pick from and can be used for all seasons. You can also choose to do a combination of two or more oils for effective results. One more thing that should be taken care of is that oil should be a good brand. So, give your little one a good massage for a healthy growth.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.