Kebabs are one thing that no one can ever refuse. But you don't have to go to an expensive restaurant to enjoy sumptuous kababs, you can prepare them right in the comfort of your home by following this recipe.
- Mint leaves: 1 cup, fresh
- Cilantro leaves: ½ cup, fresh
- Pine nuts: 2 tbsp.
- Parmesan cheese: 2 tbsp., freshly grated
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp., fresh
- Garlic clove: 1, medium and peeled
- Coarse kosher salt: ½ tbsp.
- Extra-virgin olive oil: ½ cup
- Extra-virgin olive oil: 1 tbsp. + additional for brushing
- Garlic cloves: 4, large and minced
- Coriander seeds: 1 ½ tsp., ground in mortar with pestle or spice mill
- Leg of lamb: 2 pounds, trimmed and boneless, cut into 1 ¼ inch cubes
- Red bell peppers: 2, large and cut into 1-inch squares
- Red onion: 1, large and cut into 1-inch squares
- Metal skewers: 6 to 8
1. Blend the first seven ingredients listed in the processor to make a coarse puree. Gradually pour in ½ cup of oil, while the machine is running; puree until it becomes almost smooth. Transfer the pesto to bowl and season it with salt and pepper.
2. Mix garlic, coarse salt, coriander with 1 tbsp. oil in a medium bowl. Add lamb and toss it to coat. Cover it and chill at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours.
3. Prepare barbeque at medium to high heat. Thread lamb on skewers alternately with onions and peppers. Place them on baking sheet and brush with oil and sprinkle with pepper. Grill to doneness desired. Keep turning them occasionally for 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare.
4. Arrange the kebabs on the serving platter and drizzle them lightly with pesto. Serve the remaining pesto alongside the kebabs.