Lentil-mushroom burgers are super-healthy food made by placing patties made of mushrooms, lentils and sun-dried tomatoes in between the sliced whole wheat buns.
- Hamburger buns
- Olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- Minced garlic
- Minced mushrooms
- Finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (4)
- Cooked brown lentils (1 cup)
- Egg (½)
- Black pepper, white pepper (a pinch each)
- Caramelized onions
- lettuce leaves
- slices of tomatoes
1. In a pan, heat olive oil and sauté onions until soft, with a pinch of salt. Add garlic and cook for one more minute. Scrape the mix in a bowl and keep aside.
2. Add one more tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, add mushrooms and salt.
3. Cook the mushrooms until the liquid evaporate and they turn golden brown. Scrape the mixture into the onion mixture bowl and let it cool.
4. Toast the buns lightly with some butter and garlic.
5. In a food processor, process sun-dried tomatoes, lentils and half of the mushroom-onion mix.
6. In a mixing bowl, add the mixture, egg, a pinch of salt, black and white pepper.
7. Divide the lentil mixture and make it a ball and flatten into a patty. Coat it with the breadcrumbs.
8. Shallow fry the patties in a pan until it is crispy and deep golden in colour.
9. Place a lettuce leaf, tomato slice and some caramelized onions on each of the buns. Put patty on top and close with the other half bun.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.