Bored of the normal idlis and dosas? Then you should definitely check out this interesting recipe of Cheesy Idli layered with veggies. Layered idli muffins are a perfect way to pack all the essential nutrients into your kid's diet. Sauteed, crunchy vegetables and cheese are layered between idli batter and baked. They could be served hot along with tomato ketchup or coconut chutney.
For the batter:
Dosa Rice (Raw Rice) 2 cups
Whole Urad Dal 1 cup
Water as required
Fenugreek Seeds 1 teaspoon
For the layering:
Carrots (finely chopped) 1/2 cup
Beans (finely chopped) 1/4 cup
Capsicum (finely chopped) 1/4 cup
Broccoli (blanched, finely chopped) 1/2 cup
Spring Onion (finely chopped) 1/4 cup
Onion (finely chopped) 1/4 cup
Pepper to taste
Salt as required
Ghee or Butter 2 tablespoon
Grated mozzarella cheese 1/2 cup
Baking Soda 1/2 teaspoon
1. Soak dosa rice, whole urad dal and fenugreek seeds in water for at least 6-8 hours
2. After that wash and rinse the mixture.
3. Then grind them to a normal thick batter adding water as required.
4. Allow to ferment overnight.
5. Then add salt and baking soda and mix well. Keep it aside.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
7. For this heat ghee/butter in a pan.
8. Add the chopped onions, carrots, capsicum and beans.
9. Next, add the spring onions and blanched broccoli. Saute for 2 minutes.
10. Switch the flame off and allow to cool a bit.
11. Meanwhile, grease the muffin cups with butter or oil.
12. Preheat the oven to 180-degree Celcius.
13. Add about 1 tablespoon of the batter to the muffin cups.
14. Then add 1 tablespoon of the sauteed vegetable mix.
15. Then add a little grated mozzarella cheese on top of them.
16. Again add about 1 tablespoon of the batter.
17. Repeat with another layer of the sauteed vegetable mix
18. Finally, top them with more mozzarella cheese.
19. Bake them in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
20. Allow to cool for a bit.
21. Serve warm with tomato ketchup or coconut chutney.