Kids are known to be picky eaters. They need the food in a way that pleases their eyes. At the same time, we parents look for the nutritive value of the food. So, here is a recipe which will satisfy the needs of kids as well as parents.
Kathi rolls are delicious Indian style wraps with veggie filling.
- Atta flour (1 cup)
- Warm water (adjust as needed)
- Potato cubed (1 medium size)
- Veggies of your choice (1 cup)
- Cumin (½ tbsp)
- Mustard (½ tbsp)
- Hing/asafoetida (a pinch)
- Thinly sliced onion (1 medium size),
- Ginger garlic paste (½ to ¾ tbsp)
- Garam masala (¼ to ½ tbsp)
- Coriander powder (½ to ¾ tbsp)
- Red chili powder
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Green mint chutney
1. Boil potato until it is just done.
2. Mix the flour, salt, oil and water and knead it until soft. Cover and keep it aside.
3. In a pan, heat oil and crackle the mustard and cumin.
4. Add hing, onions, salt and saute until the onions turn golden.
5. Add ginger garlic paste to the pan and fry till the raw smell goes off.
6. Add veggies along with turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Saute for 1-2 minutes. After cooking, let it cool.
7. Preparing the roti: Make equal parts of dough. Roll each ball evenly till it is round in shape. On a heated pan/tawa put the rolled dough. Let it cook on be medium-high heat. Cook on both sides by flipping.
8. Making the Kathi rolls: Smear the chutney over the roti. Add sufficient amount of cooked veggies to one side and roll it tightly. Use a toothpick to hold the roll in shape.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.