Uneven skin tone is a common problem faced by many women. Since our face is the first thing any person would see, the colour of our face is essentially the colour of our skin. But this is not always true. A lot of people have fairer skin on arms, legs and other parts of the body when compared to the face. So, how do you remedy this and make sure you have an even skin tone?
To understand this better, the first thing we have to know is the cause of uneven skin tone.
- The most prominent reason for the skin on your face having more melanin pigment than the rest of your body is exposure to sunlight. The harmful rays of the sunlight can damage the cells on the face and make it darker.
- It could also be that the skin on your face is hypersensitive. So, everytime you apply any chemical product on it, it might become darker.
- If you’ve ever had acne, pimples and scars, they might result in darker skin too.
- It might be completely natural. Sometimes, it’s just the way it is and the relatively darker skin tone on your face may not be a result of anything you’ve done.
What should you do?
1. Sunscreen is a must. Since sun is the most common reason for skin darkening, it’s best avoided and if you do want to enjoy a lovely summer day, slather on some sunscreen and you’re good to go. Sunscreen must be worn all year round, on rainy days and on cold days, not just in the summers.
2. Check your skin-care regime. The products you’re using on your face might be the reason you’re facing this problem. Switch to an all natural skin care and you will see the difference yourself. Start with washing your face thoroughly and then patting it down with a soft towel. Apply a toner or rose water. Moisturize your face well and then apply the sunscreen. If you do any sort of makeup, it should go above the sunscreen.
3. Makeup matters. If you wear a foundation and concealer that doesn’t match your skin tone, it might make it look more ashy and dark. You can actually use concealer instead of the foundation to lighten your skin.
4. Natural remedies can do wonders. There are many skin repairing and skin lightening agents like lemon juice, rose water, aloe vera, papaya and so on that you must try. These take time to work, so use them regularly for a month or so and you will surely see a change.
The most important thing you have to keep in mind is that the colour of your skin doesn’t define who or what you are. What you are is beautiful and the everything else in front of that just fades away. The ultimate goal is to just be comfortable in your own skin.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.