Instant Porridge Recipes To Make Tiny Tots Drool
Porridge is easy to make and a nutritious meal for your toddler. Taking care of your munchkins takes up so much of your time and energy that making a decision about what to cook everyday throws us off the edge. Though we parents know it all, it would be great to get up and cook something healthy without thinking a million times about what to make for breakfast.
Here, we have listed a few recipes that will make your morning go smooth. Print out these recipes, share them with your cook or write them down in a book. Whatever helps you best.
1. Rice porridge
Time: 15 mins
(a) Partially-boiled rice - 2 tbsp
(b) Water - 1 or 1 ½ cups
1. Dry roast the partially-boiled rice in a pan on a low flame
2. When the rice is roasted and a little puffy, turn off the flame
3. Grind this roasted rice to powder
4. In a saucepan, add 2 tbsps of the powder you just made to one cup of water
5. Bring it to a boil and keep stirring to make sure that there are no lumps
6. When it gets a saucy consistency, turn off the flame and let it cool down a bit
7. Feed your child when it is still warm
2. Urad dal porridge
Time: 15 mins
(a) Urad dal - 2 tbsp
(b) Powdered jaggery - 1 tbsp
(c) Grated coconut - 2 tsp
(d) Water - 1 cup
(e) Salt - a pinch
(f) Cardamom powder - 1 tbsp
1. Rinse the Urad dal and soak it in water until soft
2. Melt jaggery and strain it to get rid of all the impurities
3. Grind urad dal, coconut and add some water to it so it becomes a paste
4. Now pour this paste in a saucepan along with a pinch of salt and cardamom powder
5. Add water according the desired consistency
6. Keep stirring as this porridge tends to stick to the pan
7. Serve while it’s still warm
3. Oats banana porridge
Time: 7 mins
(a) Oats - 2 tbsp
(b) Banana - 1
(c) Water - 1 or ½ cup
(d) Milk - 1 or 1 ½ cup
1. Add 2 tbsp of oats in a pan and add some water to it.
2. Let it boil for 3 mins
3. Once it is cooked well, add milk to it and stir it continuously for 4 mins
4. After 4 mins, turn off the flame and chop or smash the banana and add it to the porridge
5. Serve when it is still warm
These 3 recipes can be eaten by you as well as your baby. Happy lunching!
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.