Being pregnant is not easy. From hormonal changes, pregnancy rashes, to discomfort in your intimate area, it is a roller coaster ride that might overwhelm you. However, giving yourself the right amount of care and love can help you lead a happy pregnancy.
During pregnancy, women are ten times more prone to vaginal infections. The constant fluctuation in hormones, increase in estrogen levels, excessive vaginal discharge, and sweat can disrupt the normal vaginal pH level. A healthy vagina contains both good bacteria and bad bacteria and maintains a pH value of 3.5 to 4.5. Any alteration in this value can lead to the growth of bad bacteria that could eventually lead to irritation, itching dryness, bad odor, soreness and even pain while urinating. And It is extremely important to maintain regular healthy intimate hygiene to avoid vaginal infections.
Most women face the problem of a vaginal infection at least once in their lifetime. When it comes down to it, prevention is always better than cure because why suffer from severe discomfort when you can avoid vaginal infections altogether in the first place. Here are a few pointers that will help prevent vaginal infections which can cause extreme discomfort:
- Contrary to popular belief, just scrubbing vigorously with soap and water won’t reduce the chances of an infection, it does the exact opposite. It disrupts the pH value thereby causing further discomfort. A better alternative is to use an intimate wash that contains lactic acid that helps restore normal vaginal pH levels. The best one in the market is Himalaya Intimate Wash FOR MOMS that is infused with the goodness of Tea Tree Oil and Pongamia Oil along with lactic acid to prevent infections and helps in maintaining the pH levels.
- Washing your intimate area twice a day is sufficient to maintain good hygiene. Ensure to dry your vagina to prevent excess moisture.
- Always clean from the front to the back to prevent the spreading of bacteria from the perineal and rectal area to the reproductive tract.
- Wear 100% cotton panties that are the right size. Nylon panties tend to retain moisture which will encourage the growth of bacteria.
- After using the washroom, cleaning with just water isn’t enough. Use intimate wipes that will leave you feeling refreshed and clean in no time. We recommend Himalaya Intimate Wipes FOR MOMS as they are enriched with Lavender Oil which maintains freshness and Pongamia Oil which acts as an antibacterial and prevents itching and irritation. These will also be a lifesaver when you’re on the road.
Choosing the right product and incorporating it into your daily regime is just as important as being aware of how bad hygiene habits can influence your pregnancy. Himalaya’s intimate hygiene range is specially formulated keeping in mind all of the Moms’ needs and is infused with the power of natural ingredients. As they say - ‘Once you go natural, you never go back’.
Do seek your gynecologist’s advice if the irritation or the infection persists.