Identify Your Skin Type And Moisturize Accordingly
You would’ve come across a lot of skin care products in the market lately that specify - for oily skin, for dry skin, for combination skin and so on. Have you ever wondered what type your skin might be?
What type is your skin?
In general, skin types fall under one of these 5 categories - normal, oily, dry, combination or sensitive.
It is not as difficult as you think to identify your skin type. Here’s a simple method you can use - wash your face with a mild cleanser and pat dry with a towel. Do not apply any moisturizers, serums or oils on your face. After 30 minutes, check your forehead, nose, cheeks and chin for any shine or oil.
1. If you notice oil buildup on all of these areas, then you have oily skin.
2. If you find shine on your nose and forehead, but your cheeks feel tight, then it means that you have combination skin.
3. Try doing different facial expressions and checking if your skin feels tight. If it does, then you have dry skin.
4. If you feel like your skin doesn’t fall under any of these categories, then you most likely have normal skin.
5. If your skin feels irritated after using the cleanser, it's an indication that you have sensitive skin. However, it should be noted that it also depends on the type of cleanser you are using.
How to moisturize?
Cleanse-tone-moisturize are the three rules to be followed on an everyday basis to have healthy, glowing skin. It is very important to choose the right kind of moisturizer based on your skin type. Here's how you can identify a good moisturizer for yourself.
1. Oily skin - Keep a look out for oil-free moisturizers. If you have an acne problem, then make sure to use products that specify non-comedogenic in their description. Non-comedogenic means the moisturizer does not block pores, therefore reducing your risk of acne or preventing your acne from getting worse.
2. Combination skin - It can be tricky to choose a moisturizer for combination skin. You can try applying a thick moisturizer on areas of your face that feel dry and a lighter one on your T-zone ( your nose and forehead).
3. Dry skin - Your skin will be dry, flaky or itchy. So, to soothe it, use moisturizers that are heavy and which contain essential oils. You can also try using anti-aging creams, as they help prevent wrinkles.
4. Normal skin - You’re lucky if you have normal skin because most of the products in the market will work for you. You can try different ones and see which keeps your skin well hydrated.
5. Sensitive skin - Always opt for gentle or mild moisturizers that specify 'hypoallergenic' in their description. Your best bet is to try out different products and see which ones you're not sensitive to.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!