Ingredients Required For Marination
- Chicken 1/2 kg
- 4 tbsp Curd
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp biryani masala ( I use Aachi masala or Priya masala)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Take 2 tbsp of coriander leaves, 2 tbsp of mint leaves and 4 green chilli make it into a fine paste.
Spices To Temper:
- 1 bay leaf/ tej patta/ biryani akku
- 4 to 5 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 3 elaichi
You also need
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 1 tbsp ghee or oil ( optional)
- 2 tbsp fried onion
- ½ cup fried pudina and coriander leaves (together)
1. Take a vessel in which you are going to cook biryani add chicken and marinate with curd, ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric, chilli powder, biryani masala, coriander mint paste and lemon juice.
2. Set aside for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Wash basmati rice and take another vessel pour 6 cups water and bring it to boil.
4. Once the water starts boiling add all the spices ( bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick, star anise and elaichi) and wait for 4 -5 minutes.
5. Then add basmati rice and let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the rice is half cooked. ( it might take more or less time depending on the rice brand).
6. Take a sieve and drain the water from the rice.
7. Now take the vessel where you have marinated chicken and start layering with rice.
8. It goes like this -> Marinated chicken -> add a layer of half cooked rice -> add few fried onion and fried pudina-coriander leaves again add a layer of cooked rice and add few fried onion and fried pudina – coriander leaves and then add the remaining in the same way.
9. Layering depends on the size of the vessel. If the vessel is big you may need 2 layers if the vessel is small you may need 3 layers
10. Once layering is finished add 1 tbsp of ghee.. you can also add 1 tsp saffron milk or a handful of roasted cashews (optional).
11. Seal the lid with chapati dough and cook for 30 minutes with low flame.
12. You will start smelling the aroma after about 20 minutes. After 30 minutes switch off the stove and let it rest for 10 minutes.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!