Taking care of our hair is a full-time job. But a job for which we don’t have much time. Due to our busy lives, we forget that our hair is one of the most important parts of us and keeping it healthy is our responsibility. To make things easier, there are some natural products which are beneficial for hair and keep them healthy and help them grow for a long time.
Table of Contents
Tea Tree Oil And Its Benefits
An inexpensive and safe oil to use on the entire body as well as hair, it is something which can help get rid of a lot of external problems of the body. It is also used as a mouthwash, deodorant, and insect repellent. It can treat skin problems and hair problem quickly and efficiently.
Definition And Usage Of Tea Tree Oil
A naturally formed oil extract derived from the leaves of the tea tree. It comes out of different tea leaves and not the ones that are used in black and green teas.
It is used for a lot of purposes such as –
‣ Getting rid of acne, lice, athlete’s foot, ringworm.
‣ It is used as an antiseptic for cuts, burns, insect bites.
‣ When added in a bath, it can heal a cough and congestion.
Tea Tree Oil Benefits For Hair
Tea tree oil proves to be very beneficial for hair as it not only keeps them away from dandruff but also keeps them clean and strong.
Following are the ways tea tree oil for hair is a wise choice –
1. Tea tree oil helps remove dandruff and reduce the hair loss. It is a common phenomenon that high-end hair products are filled with chemicals which might extract all the nutrients of the hair and leave them hanging dry. When hair is dyed often, there is a risk of hair falling out. A diluted solution of tea tree oil. It doesn’t only prevent the chemicals from building up but stops the formation of dead skin. The oil keeps it healthy and moisturized.
2. If hair is not treated as it should be, the dead skin build up can lead to stoppage of hair growth. Collection of scaly and dry skin leads to dandruff. Tea tree oil helps in the prevention of both.
3. For longer and thicker hair, tea tree oil is used. It helps speed up the growth of hair and gives nourishment to the roots.
4. Getting rid of an itchy scalp is neither easy nor something a person can live with. It not only results in irritation but hair loss too. All these problems have a single solution, i.e., tea tree oil for hair.
5. For prevention of dry scalp, tea tree oil clears if there is any blockage present in the pores and reduces the chances of dryness or itching.
[You may want to read: 20 Benefits of Tea Tree Oil You Need To Know]
Ways To Use Tea Tree Oil For Hair
There are a few ways in which tea tree oil benefits can be utilised for hair growth and solution to the problems of scaly and itchy scalps.
1. Dilution of tea tree oil with almond oil/olive oil/coconut oil – mix tea tree and any of the three oil in the ratio of 1:10 and massage it on the hair for healthy and nutritious hair. Using it every day will give the best results. The diluted mixture will give a tingling sensation on your head and would feel refreshing. A mixture of olive oil with the tea tree oil adds both smoothness and softness to the hair and create a protective layer which will not allow the toxins to damage it.
2. Add 5% of tea tree oil in regular shampoo and massage it for 3-4 minutes. Repeat this on a daily basis for a month for getting rid of dandruff. It is like a shampoo of your own which will further multiply the benefits of the shampoo. it will also increase the medicinal properties of the oil.
3. Combine a few drops of tea tree oil with jojoba oil and massage the same on the scalp for about 10-15 minutes. Rinse it properly and then apply your regular shampoo. to get rid of a dry scalp, use this mixture daily. To relieve yourself from an itchy scalp, you can also mix tea tree oil with your regular conditioner. Massage the mixed conditioner and keep it like that for a few minutes and give it a good rinse afterwards. Use this on a daily basis for more effective results.
4. With the antifungal and antibacterial properties of tea tree oil, it helps fight against the fungus which is the main reason for dandruff. It is a natural conditioner and stops your skin from flaking. 10 drops in 225gm of your usual shampoo make a new and effective solution for the hair. Shampoo your hair with this and let it rest for 3-5 minutes. The oil starts working and treating the scalp. Once the oil has set itself up, rinse your hair properly.
5. The hair mask is yet another way of treating dandruff and itchy scalp. First and foremost, select the base mask you want to apply. It can be either a cup of plain yoghurt or one mashed avocado. Both of these things are thick to act as a paste and act as a moisturizer as both of them contain a high amount of fat which are healthy. Add 10 drops of argan oil into the tea tree oil along with 2 tablespoons of honey. Mix it until the paste is creamy and without any pores. Apply this paste on the scalp and massage. Leave the mask for 10 minutes and rinse properly.
[You may like to read: 15 Uses Of Tea Tree Oil For Skin And Hair]
Tips And Tricks To Use Tea Tree Oil For Hair Benefits
Tea tree oil is something which can be used on any type of hair, irrespective of the style, length, or texture.
‣ Tea tree oil is very strong so it is essential to dilute it before using otherwise it can cause irritation, itching, and dryness.
‣ Currently, in the market, there are tea tree shampoos, conditioners, and hair oils available to choose from.
‣ Patch test before using the oil is essential as it can cause allergies to some people.
An innovative hair care product, it helps in transforming the looks of hair while maintaining its every essential nutrient.