We all want shiny and silky smooth hair and are ready to do anything for that. We will use a variety of costly shampoos, conditioners, and oils. The one thing we often forget is that the best treatments are always available at our home in the form of the staple.
One of them is apple cider vinegar. It has a lot of antifungal and antibacterial properties which help revive the nourishment in hair and give us the power to flaunt it.
Table of Content
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
There are a variety of kinds of vinegar present in the market and one such is apple cider vinegar. It is made out of apples, sugar, and yeast. The vinegar is often used in salad dressings, marinades and chutneys to increase the flavor level of the same. It also acts as a food preservative and thus a very beneficial staple at home. It does not have much nutritional value but because of the presence of yeast, it is an amazing antibacterial element and thus useful for a lot of things.
Properties of Apple Cider Vinegar
- It is high in Acetic Acid which works as an active ingredient in vinegar.
- It is useful in killing a lot of bacterias or stop them from multiplying and has been proving the same for ages.
- It helps lower the blood sugar and insulin level in the body.
- It is effective in belly fat reduction and weight loss.
- It helps in bringing down the level of cholesterol and also improve the health of the heart.
- It is useful in slowing down the growth of cancer cells in the body as well as shrink tumors.
Apple Cider Vinegar Uses
There are a lot of interesting apple cider vinegar uses which a lot of us did not know about. Apart from being a helpful element in the kitchen, it also acts as a useful product for skin and hair.
- It is helpful in removing bad and pungent body odour and gives out nice and satisfying feel as it is an antibacterial substance.
- It acts as a commercial cleaning agent when mixed with a little bit of water.
- Helpful in soothing a sore throat and acts as a home remedy if mixed with water for gargling.
- It is used as a facial toner as it is effective in the betterment of the skin conditions and diminishes the aging signs.
- It is effective when used while rinsing hair as it detangles the hair and adds shine to it.
- It helps treat acne which is a major issue amongst young people. Dab a tiny amount of vinegar on the affected areas. The solution should be diluted and the vinegar is very acidic and can burn the skin.
- It is useful in making a healthy hot drink. Add 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar into a tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp of honey and 2 tbsp of lemon juice into a cup of hot water. It works as an amazing detoxifying drink.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair Problems
There are a lot of positive results of using apple cider vinegar on hair as it gives the hair silkier, shinier and smoother look. It also improves hair growth and reduces dandruff.
‣ Apple Cider Vinegar Anti-Dandruff Properties
When diluted vinegar (vinegar mixed with water) is used to massage the hair scalp, it decreases the amount of dandruff in hair. The acid present in vinegar stops the fungus growth which is the main reason of causing dandruff.
‣ Apple Cider Vinegar For Smoother and Shinier Hair
The vinegar is useful in removing the buildup of product in hair and increase the shine. All you need to do is add 1 tbsp of vinegar to an equal amount of water and put it over the hair. Leave the same for a few minutes and wash. If anybody has a sensitive skin, use an even more diluted version of it as the acidity present in vinegar is strong.
‣ Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair Growth
Vinegar helps in increasing the hair growth by stimulating blood circulation in the follicles of hair. It also strengthens the roots of the hair and thus very helpful in giving you healthy and nourished hair. It also helps prevent breakage and split ends, which is a nightmare for every girl.
‣ Apple Cider Vinegar - An Effective Hair Rinse
There is an acidic side to the ph balance of our hair and the shampoos which we use are in the opposite direction. To balance out the ph level in our hair, apple cider vinegar proves to be an effective option.
‣ Apple Cider Vinegar - A Natural Hair Loss Treatment
Hair loss leads to lower volume and weakening of the roots. Apple cider vinegar works wonder when it comes to solving the problem of hair thinning and baldness.
‣ Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair Extension
A lot of us use hair extensions to make our hair look even longer. But with the passage of time, these hair extensions become dull and frisky. An apple cider vinegar wash for the extensions can work wonders. Not only does it help return the shine of hair extensions, it also removes all the dirt from them.
‣ Apple Cider Vinegar Maintains Hair Moisture
The apple cider vinegar seals the cuticles in hair and helps retains moisture in it. But the vinegar can also dry out the hair so a moisturizer should be applied after the wash.
‣ Apple Cider Vinegar For Treating Split Ends
In the days where pollution is at peak, the chances for damaged hair is high and thus the split ends. It not only roughens hair from tips but also leaves them without any nourishment. Apple cider vinegar helps gain back the lost nutrients.
Apple Cider Vinegar Variety
This vinegar not only comes in raw form but is also infused in products which act super beneficial for the hair. A lot of brands have combined their hair products (shampoo and conditioners) with apple cider vinegar for better results and improved hair. There are also a lot of drinks coming up which has apple cider vinegar in it, making it a healthier and wiser choice.
‣ Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
The shampoos infused with this vinegar have proved to do wonders as they help nourish the scalp and remove the product buildup without harming the natural oils present in hair. An apple cider vinegar hair rinse can do wonders for your hair locks.
‣ Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
Take your body on the way to detox. As soon as any health freak reads the word detox on a bottle, he/she buys it as the conscious mind looking for as many healthy drinks as it can have. One such thing is the use of apple cider vinegar in any beverage. It helps in a lot of things-
- Weight loss
- Appetite reduction
- The balance of the ph level in the body
- Regulation of blood sugar level
- Lowering cholesterol level
- Improving the immune system
Though not proven completely through research apple cider vinegar benefits are a lot and help regain hair and skin beauty along with an internal healthy buildup.