One of the biggest challenges for parents is to make their child eat good and nutritious food. The food that we eat is the primary source for a healthy body. Some children are very fussy and they only eat what they like. Not only bad food habits but occasional screams and tantrums are a part of a fussy child’s symptoms. Handling such a baby is stressful for mothers. Some of the causes of a fussy baby are as follows:
1. Consumption of packaged food: Packaged food contains ingredients that are not healthy for the baby, but it satisfies taste buds more. The child will not cry for junk food if he does not know about it. So, try to give your child homemade food initially.
2. Medical Reasons: Acid flux and Constipation can be a reason for your child’s fussy behavior. It is proved that dairy products cause constipation. For babies of age 1-3, make sure that you give solid food along with milk.
3. Not familiar with nutritious food: When the child is switched on to solid food, he would prefer to eat packaged food which he had seen on television. Children mostly prefer packaged food because of their vibrant colors and sweet taste. To familiarize your baby with nutritious food, you can allow him to play with it while he still feeds on milk.
These are some of the causes of a fussy child. It is always difficult to handle this situation. One mannerism may not work always so you can switch on to various ways to get things sorted. Here some of the ways that you can try to calm down your baby:
1.Try to swaddle your baby in a large thin blanket to make him feel secure. Apart from this, you can also try to place him on his stomach and gently rub his back. This will reduce the uneasiness due to constipation.
2.Try making calming sounds that remind him of being in the womb like the humming sound of a fan or a soothing music. This sound makes him relaxed and eases his uneasiness.
3. Walk holding the baby in your arms and gently rubbing his back. This reminds him of the movements in the womb.
4. Avoid overfeeding your baby. Overfeeding is one of the causes for your child’s fussy behavior. Also, it affects your child’s digestion.
5.Change the diet of your baby. Using more milk products leads to constipation. If you are still breastfeeding, then you can try changing your own diet.
6.Keep a record of your baby's eating and sleeping time. As these habits affect your child’s behavior and health.
Watch your baby’s behavior and try to know what your baby needs. You can try different ways to soothe your baby.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!