Why binge on chocolates when you can have your pick at a tasty and healthy granola bar? Here's how you can prepare one right at your home.
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of almond butter
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup of silvered almonds
- 1 cup of dried cherries
- 1 cup of rinsed, dried, and uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups of oats
- ½ cup of flax seeds
- Flake sea salt
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toast oats and quinoa over medium-high heat in a pan until fragrant. Allow them to cool and add almonds, cashew, dried cherries, coconut flakes, and flax seeds.
3. Combine the honey, almond butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup, in a small sauce pan, and heat until hot and melted.
4. Pour this mixture into the bowl of ingredients and keep folding to coat evenly.
5. Line a pan with parchment paper. Pour the mixture in the pan and spread evenly by flattening with the back of a wooden spoon. Bake until the edges are toasted, for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Sprinkle a little sea salt on the top and cut into rectangular pieces, once they cool entirely. Dip the ends in dark chocolate and enjoy.