Oats idli is delicious and of high nutritive value as oats are rich in minerals, vitamins and proteins. It is also ideal for calorie-conscious people.
- Oats (2 cups)
- Sour curd (½ L)
- Mustard seed
- Urad dal (1 tbsp)
- Chana dal (1 tbsp)
- Finely chopped Green chilies (2 tbsp)
- Grated carrots (1 cup)
- Chopped coriander (2 tbsp)
- Turmeric powder (1 tbsp)
- Eno fruit salt (a pinch)
1. Dry roast the oats on a tawa and powder it in a mixer.
2. In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add urad dal and chana dal and fry until the dal turn golden.
3. Add chopped chillies, coriander and grated carrots to the same pan. Add turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
4. Add it to the powdered oats mixture and add the curd to make it a batter. Add as much curd as required. But do not add water to the batter.
5. Grease the idli steamer with ghee and pour the batter into the steamer.
6. Steam for 15 minutes and yummy oats idli is ready. Remove the idli and serve with any chutney.