Oats idli is delicious and of high nutritive value as oats are rich in minerals, vitamins and proteins. It is also ideal for calorie-conscious people.
- Oats (2 cups)
- Sour curd (½ L)
- Mustard seed
- Urad dal (1 tbsp)
- Chana dal (1 tbsp)
- Finely chopped Green chilies (2 tbsp)
- Grated carrots (1 cup)
- Chopped coriander (2 tbsp)
- Turmeric powder (1 tbsp)
- Eno fruit salt (a pinch)
1. Dry roast the oats on a tawa and powder it in a mixer.
2. In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add urad dal and chana dal and fry until the dal turn golden.
3. Add chopped chillies, coriander and grated carrots to the same pan. Add turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
4. Add it to the powdered oats mixture and add the curd to make it a batter. Add as much curd as required. But do not add water to the batter.
5. Grease the idli steamer with ghee and pour the batter into the steamer.
6. Steam for 15 minutes and yummy oats idli is ready. Remove the idli and serve with any chutney.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!