You may not think much of it if we told you there are some oh-so-good dishes that you could give your baby. After all, as adults, we tend to think baby food is just a fruit or vegetable made into a smooth paste. And you’re not wrong at all. It is just that! Though with a wee bit of creativity along with knowing what foods work best for your tot’s health, you could come up with a menu as good as any you may see in a fancy cafe.
I. Chicken delight with a peachy twist:
This is a dreamy, nutritious delight for the mother and the baby. Your 7-month-old will be more than happy to gorge on this tasty baby food.
The ingredients include; Brown rice (~1/4 cup, cooked), boneless chicken (~1/3 cup, minced), a ripe peach (finely chopped) and formula or breast milk.
1. Cook the boneless chicken on low steam.
2. Add the cooked chicken, cooked rice, and peach into a bowl and mix well.
3. Blend the mixture to a smooth paste.
4. To the puree, add a teaspoon of formula or breast milk and mix well.
5. One can also freeze the puree into ice cubes and store it for later use.
The twisty delight is laden with proteins, vitamins, and minerals (calcium, potassium, zinc, magnesium, manganese, iron and phosphorous).
II. The spinach and pumpkin health boost:
The healthy dish offers all the nutrients essential for a 7-month-old baby.
The ingredients are simple and include; Deseeded and peeled butternut pumpkin (~1/4), finely diced spinach leaves (handful), chicken stock, olive oil and Arborio rice (~1 cup).
1. Dice the butternut pumpkin into small pieces.
2. In a pan, add a teaspoon of olive oil
3. To this, add the rice and stir well for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the chicken stock in small quantities (regular intervals) till the rice is well cooked.
5. Steam the pumpkin till it becomes soft and tender in texture.
6. Transfer the pumpkin, cooked rice, and spinach into a blender.
7. Add chicken stock (~ a tablespoon) to this and blend the mixture into a fine paste.
The dish provides your baby with important vitamins, minerals, proteins, and fiber.
III. The oats magic:
Oats mixed with vegetables is an ideal recipe for your baby.
You will need : Rolled oats (~ 1/2 cup), finely chopped vegetables (carrot, peas, sweet potato).
1. Pound the rolled oats into a smooth powder.
2. Boil the vegetables until they become tender.
3. Add water (~1/4 of a cup) and the powdered oats into a pan and bring it to boil.
4. Transfer the vegetables to the pan.
5. Stir the mixture (vegetables and oats) for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
6. The mixture can be blended or mashed into a smooth paste.
7. Add a teaspoon of butter to it.
8. The healthy dish is ready to be served.
The nutrients, be it the vitamins, minerals, fiber, and proteins, are present in abundance in this dish.
IV. The fruity rice bonanza:
One cannot go wrong with rice and fruits. Mothers can safely treat their babies to this healthy dish.
The ingredients include; Peeled and finely diced apple and pear (1/2 a piece each), brown rice and water.
1. In a cooker, add the chopped fruits and brown rice (~ 1/4 cup).
2. Add a cup of water and cook until the mixture becomes tender.
3. Once cooked, blend the mixture into a puree.
4. The dish is ready to enthrall your baby.
The dish is indeed a bonanza, loaded with antioxidants, dietary fiber, vitamins, proteins, and minerals.
V. A mashing avocado:
The health benefits of avocado is known to all. Your baby will love this simple yet tasty avocado mash to the hilt.
The mashing dish includes: Deseeded avocado (cut into two halves), formula milk or breast milk and water.
1. With a spoon, carefully scoop out the fleshy part of the fruit into a bowl.
2. Add breast milk/formula milk and water to it.
3. Mash the mixture into a smooth paste.
4. The dish is ready to be served and savored.
The dish is rich in vitamins, healthy fats, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. A must for every 7-month-old baby.
VI. Puree the fruity way:
The fruit puree is a healthy way to keep your baby happy.
1. To make this healthy dish, you need: Finely sliced apple and pear (~1/2 a piece each), a banana cut into small pieces, a handful of grapes (optional).
2. Prepare an apple-pear juice using a blender or a juicer.
3. Take a pan and add the fresh fruit juice into it.
4. Grapes, if used, should be sliced into halves.
5. Add the sliced banana and grapes into the juice.
6. Cover the pan and simmer until the fruits become soft and tender.
7. Blend the mixture into a fine, thick paste.
8. A delicious fruit puree is ready to be served. Benefits: The puree is rich in fiber, minerals, and vitamins.
VII. The creamy swede temptation:
Treat your babies to this healthy creamy dish.
1. The ingredients include; Chopped swede (~1/2) and a finely sliced carrot, and water.
2. Steam the chopped vegetables until they become soft.
3. Blend the mixture (tender vegetables) into a creamy paste.
The tempting dish is rich in fiber, potassium, calcium, vitamin A, and C.
Note: The foods and recipes mentioned are by all means nutritious for your infant. Still, all parents are expected to understand that when introducing your baby to a new food, start with only a spoonful for a day or two to check if it suits your baby. In addition, if you decide to start a diet of meat for child, please ensure that the meat has been cooked well.