For some people, life starts with pasta and ends with pasta. Rich in flavour and taste, pasta comes in wide varieties (lasagne, macaroni, spaghetti, ravioli, to name a few) to mesmerize your taste buds. While everyone loves to binge on the various mouth-watering pasta recipes, it is essential to ensure that the preparation does not compromise on the health quotient. For people who live by pasta, here is a delicious yet healthy pasta recipe to keep you happy as well as healthy.
Laden with some of the essential nutrients, pasta prepared with Broccoli, Butternut Squash, and Carrot is a winner from the word go.
- Boiled broccoli florets (6-8 pieces)
- 1 Butternut squash (peeled and cut into small cubes)
- Carrot (~1 cup, steamed)
- Cooked Pasta (~6-7 ounces, preferably whole wheat)
- Vegetable broth and almond milk (~1 cup each)
- Pepper, olive oil, salt, and nutmeg (as per taste)
- Medium-sized white onion (finely chopped), minced garlic cloves (2)
- Chilli flakes and dried sage (1 teaspoon each)
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
- In a baking tray (layered with parchment paper), add the chopped onion and cubed Butternut squash which has been seasoned well with nutmeg, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast in a preheated oven (200°C or 400°F) for close to 30 minutes.
- In a blender, add the almond milk, vegetable broth, roasted Butternut squash and onion and blend to a fine puree.
- In a wok (over medium flame), add a tablespoon of olive oil, chili flakes, dried sage, minced garlic and saute well for a minute.
- To this, add the blended puree and simmer for a few minutes.
- Now add the cooked whole wheat pasta and the boiled vegetables (broccoli florets and carrot) and mix well.
- Garnish it with grated parmesan cheese and a tasty and pasta is ready to be served.