For some people, life starts with pasta and ends with pasta. Rich in flavour and taste, pasta comes in wide varieties (lasagne, macaroni, spaghetti, ravioli, to name a few) to mesmerize your taste buds. While everyone loves to binge on the various mouth-watering pasta recipes, it is essential to ensure that the preparation does not compromise on the health quotient. For people who live by pasta, here is a delicious yet healthy pasta recipe to keep you happy as well as healthy.
Laden with some of the essential nutrients, pasta prepared with Broccoli, Butternut Squash, and Carrot is a winner from the word go.
- Boiled broccoli florets (6-8 pieces)
- 1 Butternut squash (peeled and cut into small cubes)
- Carrot (~1 cup, steamed)
- Cooked Pasta (~6-7 ounces, preferably whole wheat)
- Vegetable broth and almond milk (~1 cup each)
- Pepper, olive oil, salt, and nutmeg (as per taste)
- Medium-sized white onion (finely chopped), minced garlic cloves (2)
- Chilli flakes and dried sage (1 teaspoon each)
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
- In a baking tray (layered with parchment paper), add the chopped onion and cubed Butternut squash which has been seasoned well with nutmeg, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast in a preheated oven (200°C or 400°F) for close to 30 minutes.
- In a blender, add the almond milk, vegetable broth, roasted Butternut squash and onion and blend to a fine puree.
- In a wok (over medium flame), add a tablespoon of olive oil, chili flakes, dried sage, minced garlic and saute well for a minute.
- To this, add the blended puree and simmer for a few minutes.
- Now add the cooked whole wheat pasta and the boiled vegetables (broccoli florets and carrot) and mix well.
- Garnish it with grated parmesan cheese and a tasty and pasta is ready to be served.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!