Cheela is a savoury pancake made with besan and other spices and is a very delicious and easy to make recipe. It can be a great alternative for your regular parathas and has a unique taste that’ll make it a morning marvel for all your family members. This luscious breakfast is sure to compel everyone to sit back at the dining table.
- 1 cup besan
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped carrot
- 2 green chilies
- a small pinch of ajwain
- 1 tsp grated ginger garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1. Add besan in a large bowl along with little water to make a thick paste. You’ll need to add water slowly checking the consistency of the mixture.
2. Now whisk the batter so that there are no lumps. Add finely chopped onion, carrot, coriander leaves, ajwain, ginger garlic and green chilies.
3. Season with salt and your batter is all set to go into the pan.
4. Heat a pan add some oil. Layer it well all over the pan. Pour the batter into the pan making small circles.
5. Add oil if required and flip over once it becomes brown.
6. Now cook well from the other side and once it gets brown from the other side your delicious cheela is ready. Serve hot with your favourite chutney.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!