Once you are married, you are expected to impress each and every person in your husband’s family. And the one who comes on the top of the hierarchy is your parent-in-laws. The best way to astonish them is by unveiling your culinary skills. After all, food never fails to get you some fans. Dessert is something everyone loves to have at the end of the meal. So, here is a recipe of Gajar Ka Halwa. And you would definitely get a bonus point if your in-laws are health-watchers and prefer oil-free food.
400 g of cut and steamed carrots, 3/4th cup of melted jaggery, 2 cardamom pods, 2 tbsp pistachios, 3/4th cup of cashews.
- Grate the steamed carrots.
- Pound or coarsely grind pistachios and cardamom pods in a mortar and pestle.
- Powder the cashews using a grinder.
- Add 3/4th cup of melted jaggery to the carrots and mix well so that the jaggery is distributed evenly.
- To this mixture, add the powdered cashews. The cashew powder should be added at regular intervals.
- Add the pounded pistachios and cardamom. The other nuts such as almonds, raisins, walnuts could also be used to make Gajar halwa a medley of tasty nuts.
Optional step: Fry a few pieces of cashews in ghee and put on top of Gajar halwa while serving. This gives pleasing look to your dessert.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!