Either you want to enjoy your rainy evening in a Chinese way or kick-start your party in a perfect way, Fried Wontons is a pristine recipe. A deep-fried Wonton stuffed with colourful and crisp veggies is a mouth-watering savory.
- Wonton wrappers (25)
- Plain flour (3 tbsp)
- Oil for deep-frying
For the stuffing:
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Finely chopped cabbage (1 cup)
- Finely chopped spring onions whites (¼ cup)
- Grated carrot (½ cup)
- Bean sprouts (¾ cup)
- Boiled noodles (¾ cup)
- Soy sauce (1 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
For serving: Schezwan sauce
1. Heat the oil in a wok/Kadhai on a high flame. It should start smoking before you put veggies so that the crunchiness of veggies is retained.
2. Add the veggies and saute on high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. To the same wok, add the soya sauce, salt, noodles. Toss well and keep aside.
How to proceed:
1. In a bowl, mix the plain flour with water (¼ cup) and keep aside.
2. On each wonton wrapper, place a little stuffing in the centre and apply a little flour paste along the edges. Fold over to make a semi-circle. Paste the edges by pressing well.
3. Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the wontons till they turn golden brown in colour.
4. Serve with Schezwan sauce.