It’s always a better option to feed your baby something that is made out of your own hands than a store-bought product because this way you know what exactly is present and not present in it.
The video gives you the recipe for preparing your very own Health mix or Sathu Maavu for your little one to relish.
1. Brown rice
2. Green Gram/ Mung bean
3. Roasted Bengal gram
4. Wheat daliya/ Broken Wheat
5. Sago/ Sabudana
6. Horse gram/ Kulathi
8. Almond/ Badam
9. Cashew nuts
10. Cardamom/ Elaichi
11. Masoor dal/ Indian Red Lentil
12. Black Urad dal/Black gram
13. Moong dal
Method of preparation -
1. Mix Masoor dal, Black Urad dal and Moong dal in a bowl and soak them in water for 10 minutes.
2. Soak all the other ingredients except for Elaichi in separate containers for about 10 minutes too.
3. Rinse off the excess water and Let all of them dry for 3 to 4 hours.
4. Roast all the ingredients separately as shown in the video.
5. Let them cool and mix all the ingredients together.
6. Blend them dry to a powder consistency.
7. Use a sifter or a sieve to filter out chunky and lumpy parts of the mixture and you're left with just fine powder.
8. Store it in an airtight container and you're good to go!
How to use?
1. Add about 2 tablespoons of this powder to 2 cups of water by stirring and making sure there are no lumps.
2. Cook this mixture on a medium flame for about 10 minutes and then let it cool down before feeding your baby.
Pro tip: If the taste of it is too bland for your little one then you can add fruit puree while cooking this mixture to give it a little bit of sweetness.
Benefits for your baby -
This powder mix, also known as sathu maavu is a traditional recipe that has been used since a long time. It is packed with nutrition and proteins and helps in providing energy for your little one.
It is also a weight gaining food for babies. You can also try the sprouted version of this by letting all the legumes sprout before making a blend. This is actually known to be more nutritious.
It is usually given to babies who have started weaning and can be given to the baby about 4 times a week.
It might seem a little tedious to do all the required steps, but when you see your baby happy and healthy, it’ll be worth it.
You can also buy health mix powders online, just make sure they are organic and completely natural.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.