Dim sums are tasty and we usually shell out a lot of money on them when we eat outside. Now you can make them in your own house with minimum expense.
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 finely chopped red chillies
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 250g raw king prawns
- 50g finely chopped bamboo shoots
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry of rice wine
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 readymade dim sum wrappers.
1. Place the soy sauce, sesame oil and one of the chopped red chillies in a bowl and whisk together. This will be your dip.
2. Meanwhile, add rice vinegar, sugar and the remaining chopped chilli into a pan and heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove this in another bowl and set it aside.
3. Blend the king prawns in a blender and make it into a puree. Now add all other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Place the dim sum wrapper on a clean plate and add a spoonful of this prawn mixture to each wrapper and seal it with moist hands. Steam these parcels for about 5 minutes and serve with the dip.