Are you bored of the eating the same old idlis, dosas and chapathis for breakfast? Here's a tasty and trendy recipe that can help you start your day right.
- 8 ounces of extra-firm tofu
- ¼ thinly sliced red onion
- ½ thinly sliced red pepper
- 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 cups of loosely chopped kale
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of chili powder
- ½ tsp of cumin powder
- Water for thinning
- ¼ tsp of turmeric (optional)
1. Pat the tofu dry and roll it in a clean and absorbent towel under something heavy, for 15 minutes.
2. While the tofu is kept for draining, add dry spices mentioned in the ingredients to a bowl and add enough water and mix them well to make a pourable sauce. Set it aside.
3. Prep the vegetables and warm a skillet, large in size, over medium heat. Once it is hot, add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, red pepper, and onion. Season it with a pinch of salt and pepper each and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes, until softened.
4. Add kale and sprinkle a little bit more of salt and pepper. Cover to steam for about 2 minutes.
5. While it is steaming, unwrap the tofu and crumble it into bite-sized pieces using a fork.
6. Move the veggies to one side of the pan using a spatula and add tofu. Sauté for about 2 minutes and pour the sauce, mostly over tofu and a little bit over the vegetables. Stir to evenly spread the sauce. Cook until the tofu is slightly browned for 5-7 minutes.
7. Serve it with breakfast potatoes, toast, or fruit (optional). You may add more flavors using Salsa, fresh cilantro, and/or hot sauce.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
We have a great opportunity for you. You can EARN up to Rs 10,000/- every month right in the comfort of your own HOME. Sounds interesting? Fill in this form and we will call you.