Are you bored of the eating the same old idlis, dosas and chapathis for breakfast? Here's a tasty and trendy recipe that can help you start your day right.
- 8 ounces of extra-firm tofu
- ¼ thinly sliced red onion
- ½ thinly sliced red pepper
- 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 cups of loosely chopped kale
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of chili powder
- ½ tsp of cumin powder
- Water for thinning
- ¼ tsp of turmeric (optional)
1. Pat the tofu dry and roll it in a clean and absorbent towel under something heavy, for 15 minutes.
2. While the tofu is kept for draining, add dry spices mentioned in the ingredients to a bowl and add enough water and mix them well to make a pourable sauce. Set it aside.
3. Prep the vegetables and warm a skillet, large in size, over medium heat. Once it is hot, add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, red pepper, and onion. Season it with a pinch of salt and pepper each and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes, until softened.
4. Add kale and sprinkle a little bit more of salt and pepper. Cover to steam for about 2 minutes.
5. While it is steaming, unwrap the tofu and crumble it into bite-sized pieces using a fork.
6. Move the veggies to one side of the pan using a spatula and add tofu. Sauté for about 2 minutes and pour the sauce, mostly over tofu and a little bit over the vegetables. Stir to evenly spread the sauce. Cook until the tofu is slightly browned for 5-7 minutes.
7. Serve it with breakfast potatoes, toast, or fruit (optional). You may add more flavors using Salsa, fresh cilantro, and/or hot sauce.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article. Thank you for your continued love, support and trust in Tinystep. If you are new here, welcome to Tinystep!
Recently, we launched a baby-safe, natural and toxin-free floor cleaner. Recommended by moms and doctors all over India, this floor-cleaner liquid gets rid of germs and stains without adding harmful toxins to the floor. Click here to buy it and let us know if you liked it.
Stay tuned for our future product launches - we plan to launch a range of homecare products that will keep your little explorer healthy, safe and happy!